HAPR.9 Canberra

canberrasig

Hi all I've been away for a while but now I'm back with, you guessed it, another Canberra! :) This is the new Airfix PR.9 modified with the nose from the old Airfix B(I)6. with a mix of kit and home made decals. All paint work was done with car rattle cans. This Canberra spent a lot of time in the USA working with NASA on gust response work. If you wont to see the build it can be found on my site. http://7721696-hapr-9-wh793-this-time-at-the-end-of-the-story

DSC03214.jpg

DSC03218.jpg

DSC03220.jpg

DSC03216.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Hi Arther, This one was scraped back in 1975/76. As you rightly say the only flying Canberra's at the moment are the two NASA WB.57F's and a TT.18 in Australia, but there are perhaps 3 more in the UK and one in the USA. Nice photo! that looks like the NASA detachment to Afghanistan? were you there?

John

Edited by canberrasig

Hey John

I'm leaving very soon, and the Canberra is flying here almost every day. It's nice to see the old gal take off and climb out. The engines are far less noisy and she is a real beauty rolling down the ramp.

If I get a chance I’ll try and get a shot or two for you. The guys in the picture are not part of the Canberra detachment.

Thanks Arthur that would be fantastic! I'd love to see her, they have been over to the UK but I couldn't get down to see them, who knows, one day!

John