Warhammer 40k tank done

MikeH

I finally got this labor of love wrapped up and ready to return to my customer. 3 1/2 months all total and a mixture of brush and airbrush painting, Tamiya, Citadel, and oil paints, and almost the kitchen sink thrown at it too. I'm very happy that I was able to pull this off and hope the customer will appreciate it as well. The original piece was done by a Russian gentleman who won a Golden Demon award. I was given his as a reference and told to do something like this. LOL

DSC04567.jpg

DSC04568.jpg

DSC04569.jpg

DSC04570.jpg

DSC04575.jpg

DSC04572.jpg

DSC04578.jpg

Edited by MikeH

Dude, that is an incredible paint job! Are all the skulls hand painted?

Thank you. Yes, everything on this piece has been hand-painted without decals. The only thing I did was use my vinyl plotter to create 80 little skull stencils which I did on the left side, then reverse transferred each mask to mirror the right side for a base to start. Each skull has been high and low-lighted for detail with color variations. The reaper was laid out the same as a green blob which I then kept layering colors on top to create the full image. I had one guy ask me if I had hydro-dipped the sides. I wish it was that easy and I'll take it as a compliment! :)

Incredile paint job. I wish you would have placed something close by for scale.

For scale purposes, the green plate on the side of the guns is the size of a quarter. Overall the piece is 6 5/8" x4" tall

• 3 months later...

Love the paint job.

I am still undecided on the armor in this game. All looks very WWIish and then some big guns.

That said, I do have an Eldar Falcon to do at some point. Just trying to decide if I stay cannon to the game or go for a completely different universe.