Braille Scale HMMWV

Here's a photo of a 1/72 scale Revell M998 2-door HMMWV that I used in both the Mojave Desert and the Kuwaiti desert.

5727114825_d0da679865_z.jpg

Also a 1:1 scale model of me, slightly larger than Braille scale in a subsequent trip to another Kuwaiti desert. I used a different HMMWV that trip, one we drew from the pre-positioned site at Doha in Kuwait.

7600716726_6eaf427683_z.jpg

It was typical. The HMMWVs originally came in 3-color NATO camouflage with forest green plastic canvas. After Desert Storm, most US units in the southern US kept vehicles in desert sand paint, but sand colored canvas wasn't available until later. Also you just couldn't order new plastic canvas covers unless you had the money in the budget (normally year end use or lose money) or if the green canvas became unserviceable for any reason.

Great build on the Hmmwv, the 1.1 figure if I may add needs some work. The toothbrush green is way to bright. Try toning down with more OD paint. The smiling face is way out of wack. Try to resculping a more meaner face. Like grunting lips to one side, you know real dogs of war stuff. Also add more equipment like ammo belts drapped around the figure, a k-bar knife, and finally maybe a sawed off shot gun. Now that is more like it. Looking forward to your changes.... :smiley29:

Chris G. :drillsergeant:

Edited by 802chrisg

We used to eat in the HMMWV with the engine idling and steering wheel locked so we would roll in a big, slow circle. as soon as you stopped, a billion flies would be all over you in an instant. Toothbrushing attracted flies as well. I believe it was any moisture.

I know I should have added randomly strewn about rounds of ammo piled haphazardly in the back of the truck and tank rounds leaning against the tires to make it more realistic.

We used to eat in the HMMWV with the engine idling and steering wheel locked so we would roll in a big, slow circle. as soon as you stopped, a billion flies would be all over you in an instant. Toothbrushing attracted flies as well. I believe it was any moisture.

I know I should have added randomly strewn about rounds of ammo piled haphazardly in the back of the truck and tank rounds leaning against the tires to make it more realistic.

Now your talking. :m1helmet: