Who's bidding onthe 2014 show?

I know it's the 50th anniversary of IPMS, and that we supposedly have more than 2 clubs presenting bids, which is why they're allowing an extra hour at the bid session this year. But WHO are those presenters?

GIL :smiley16:

Not sure how accurate this is, but I have heard Tidewater, Atlanta and Columbus are three of the clubs presenting bids. Again not sure if this a accurate list. Just what I have heard.

Rocky

I can't say who is, but I know one that is not, and that's Columbus.

As to east/west, due to the special nature of the year, bidding was opened to the entire country.

St. Louis is bidding based on a conversation I had with one of their members. Already submitted I beleive. I also heard Tdewater.

Chicago would have been nice only to the fact that was where the first convention was held 50 years ago

Dave

Atlanta is not bidding, but Mike Idacavge, Frank Mitchell and I are involved in a Chattanooga bid.

I have been told it was Richmond, not Tidewater, too.

And we have been told by ppl from SC that Spartanburg is bidding again.

It would be nice if the current 2VP would show us the same courtesy the previous 2VP always did.

Aree there really any secrets two weeks before the show, or does this EB enjoy the rumor mill, too?

Edited by jcorley

James:

Sounds like there going to be at least 3-4 bids. I always hated that when I was on the board as it was difficult (to say the least) in picking from a bunch of good bids and only picking one

Dave

I have currently received four bid proposals for consideration to host the 2014 Convention. I am not anticipating any more bids, but it is possible that someone may come in at the last minute and submit a bid. The four groups and respective host city are, in no particular order;

IPMS/Gateway - St. Louis, Missouri

Mid-Carolina/IPMS, IPMS/Gamecocks, IPMS/Piedmont Scale Modelers - Columbia, South Carolina

IPMS Tidewater - Hampton, Virginia

Chattanooga National Convention Committee - Chattanooga, Tennessee

I will make no comments on the contents of the bids. The review team is examining the bids and we are looking forward to the presentations on Saturday, August 11th at 10AM.

We'll see you in Orlando!

Sounds like some good places,. I agree if it is to be a 'special' anniversary convention that a centerally locacted place would be best for both coasts folks to have a equal chance to attend. just my .02

Mike,

THANK YOU very much for your prompt and very specific response to the queries on this Forum.

Your info is certainly most interesting and intriguing.

See You in Orlando and TAKE CARE,

Edited by ralph4hand

Brian, well put. St Louis would probably be the better attended location... depending on the venue it is actually in.

Of course, my choice is biased towards 'Nooga. (or should I hope it's somewhere else so I can be lazy and just go?!)

• 2 weeks later...

IPMS Tidewater in Hapmton VA has won the bid for the 2014 National Convention. It will be held at the Hampton Roads Convention center.

Nice comparison! Another fly in for US! Course we are going to probably stay for two weeks as all my family is in Richmond!!!!