Amount of Future to use?

burner12

I have been using 1/3 water and 2/3 future. I get good results but not what I expected. Some times I have small water droplets come through. What percentage of future and water should be mixed for a nice even solid coat?

Same here. Never saw a need to thin it. Just remember to spray or brush on thin coats. A little goes a long way.

When I airbrush it, I cut it 50-50 with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol--it flows out and dries to an almost eggshell finish. You can shoot it straight, it is thin enough, but the alcohol helps it dry quicker.

Furutre is great stuff--you can spray it or brush it, it is self-leveling, and in a pinch, you can apply it with a Q-Tip--been there, done that. If it seems to dry too quickly on the brush )or in the airbrush, if you shoot it straight), it has most likely exceeded it's useful life as a mdoeling product and is best left to the floor. Get a new bottle for your models.

R

Same as Ralph, also use alcohol (70% or better) to clean my needle between applications. I might add I give it 24 hours drying time as well.

I shoot/brush it straight and clean up with windshield washer fluid. It's not even Future (I think the official name is Pledge with Future Shine); I use an old jug of Brite. Seems to work just as well.

• 2 weeks later...

MA is correct. They changed the name a bit ago. Some stores don't even sell it anymore but Amazon has it ...be sure you do not get the one for wooden floors as it is not the same. Future also has a short shelf life for our purposes before it starts to appear cloudy. So depending on how much you build, etc. plan on buying a bottle at least once a year or even more often.

I think the "official" solvent for Future was ammonia but spraying ammonia might have deleterious side effects such as death or other not nice stuff. However, you could use it to soak airbrush parts for a thorough cleaning.