Just Another Airfix

JeffS

Even with the rivets, this is a great little kit. The Dehaviland-Canada-1 Chipmunk. Man would I like to log some time in one of these.

And it comes bi-lingual

100_4384.jpg

100_4385.jpg

Thank you for looking and cheers

Very nice build of a not very often seen a/c. My aircraft collection is full of Airfix kits. It's amazing how good you can make them look with a little work. Ok, they may not be the most accurate or have state of the art slidemolding or whatever, but when you build them you really get the feel of actually making something and when done, they sure look like whatever they are to suppose to be on my shelf. Oh, and they don't cost $50 each.

I have a special place for the Chipmunk. My Grandfather who passed last year was a member of the RCAF during WWII. He spent the war in Canada teaching warriors how to fly in Fleet biplanes and later in Chipmunks. After the war he was a member of several aerobatic units that performed in the Chipmunk. After he passed, I received a bunch of photos of him in bright polished metal Chipmunks with a student in the other seat. While I did a lot of flying with him , I never got a ride in one of those. Great build, thanks for the memories.