CG-4A Waco

Dick Montgomery

Just finished.... a 1/72nd scale CG-4A Waco...watching Band of Brothers marathon (good way to celebrate the 4th of July)CG-4AWacoRevellH-201272nd.jpg

Nice.

Dick,

Is the linen/doped detail on the kit? It looks like there is a texture on the picture that looks that way. BTW...That is not the way I would have wanted to go to war.

Nice job.

I hand-brushed "Future" over the entire model to give it that doped appearance.

You wouldn't want to go war in a glider? Why? Don't you like sitting inside a balsa box while people shoot at it?

I would not want to ride in one of these things in peace-time much less glide into a hot LZ ! I prefer multiple engines, lots of metal, a highly experienced crew, and twice the amount of fuel required for distance and time in route!

Well, this one's done....and now its time to get back into my traditional scale (1/48th) and this time it will be something with landing gear....

Thanks for the kind words gents. I've seen some pics of the Air Zoo....don't know if the Waco was in any of them...will have to go back and see.

Anyway....on to the next project.

Good work. I'm not a fan of invasion stripes and you glider is much more representative of most WWII Waco's than the over presented D-Day version. At least IMHO. Were you replicating any specific glider?

I also like the idea of handbrushing on Future for texture.

Thanks for the compliments. I agree about invasion stripes being a tad overdone...especially on gliders. This one represents a glider used in Sicily. Nothing on it but the national markings and the tail code numbers...

• 4 weeks later...

Indeed! Two prime choices for some manufacturer to add to their development plans.