Not a kit but....

I wish there was a cleaning station for airbrushes..... just place a cap on the paint pot on your airbrush, the cap has a hose leading to a container of whatever cleaning liquid one uses, and place another attachment over the business end of the airbrush so that outgoing liquid runs into a "waste container"... A closed system....

Run the brush for a time and flush out the paint in the cup and airbrush...and you are ready to load up and go again with another color.

Not to mention Micro-mark http://www.micromark.com/table-top-airbrush-cleaning-station,9625.html

On sale at $20 less than Testors and a better gizmo. I have one that I bought at Omaha. Has anti-tipping handle (removable), replacable air filter and is more universal than Testors. The bowl is also glass and heaqvy enough to make it fairly stable. Item sold by art supply stores and by different airbrush companies; for example Iwata. Highly recommended review material.

Not a closed system, but nobody makes them. A closed system would mean that the circuit is re-circulating. Means re-using cleaner. Kind of like changing your automobile oil but not the filter. On top of that the subject cleaning device has no problem with using different thinning medias for those of us who use different color medias depending on what we are doing at the time.

I've jury-rigged a closed system. I use the same fluid two or three times and then dispose of it...I've found that I can use about a cup of Windex or Iso Alcohol a number of times before it becomes too dirty. Enamel is a different issue and I generally clean the brush the old-fashioned way...but it is very much a Rube Goldberg Rig. I had no idea that Testors made one....followed that link and that isn't exactly what I'm looking for....but thanks anyway.

Perfectly understandable considering the high price of Windex and Iso-alchohol!

BTW, just empty the dirty cleaner collected in the jar and re-use it. Remember my two rules of life: K.I.S.S. and always Eschew Obfuscation.

Edited by TheWalrus

After reading the initial description I remain confused and am trying to picture the concept. Are you suggesting a cap for the paint pot which has a nipple on it for a plastic tube which would lead to a used paint reservoir? That could actually make some sense in that it would be useful to prevent a mess when back-flushing.

I would like to see any scale except box a Ford Tri Motor. Monogram pulled of a Ju-52 why not a Tri Motor?

Ronbo :gold-plane:

• 1 year later...

Found a cleaning station at Hobby Lobby last year that seems to work pretty well. Replace your paint pot with the appropriate cleaner, set the airbrush in the mount on the cleaner & shoot. The cleaning station has about an 8 oz jar & filter in the exhaust port. Seems it was less than $20.00 and I used 1 of their 40% off coupons.

Hmmm...been looking for something like that. Got a brand name for the cleaning station?

I thought I once saw an Iwata airbrush cleaning station at a local Hobby Lobby. I didn't find it listed on their site, but that doesn't mean they didn't have it in store. A quick google search turns up some around the $20 price range. Found the manufacturer's page too: http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/accessories/table-top-cleaning-station/

I know nothing about this product other than I thought I had seen one once and briefly considered using my 40% off coupon but did not. I don't even know if it what you are looking for.

Thanks for the link. I'll visit the Iwata folks at the convention to see if they have a few on display.