1/72 Italeri A-6E Intruder

kolja

That is SWEET! Looks like the interruptions never put you off your game. Is that OOTB? I'm not familiar with the kit....did the wing folds and ladders come in the kit? How about the wing fold supports? I'd have guessed 1/48 if you hadn't said 1/72! Congrats on a fine build and thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil! You're too kind! :smiley16:

It's out of the box (aside from the decals which were from a Hi-Decal set with the kit decals for non-skid walkways).

The ladders were included and the wingfold is actually how the parts break down. I'm sure painting and final assembly would be easier with them assembled in the spread position (because you could do that early on), but I think the fit might have been more challenging. The braces were even included, which is a neat touch.

Just did a panel line wash, some streaking with artists oils, and exhaust staining on the empennage with pastels.

Very nice work. I built that kit a few years ago in its tanker version. The folding wings and steps are nice touches. That big canopy is begging for an aftermarket cockpit. Like you, I did mine out of the box and it builds up into a cool model. Welcome back to model land. Its never been better.

That's pretty freakin' awesome for having not built anything for four years!! Some of us have been practicing building during that whole four year span and we wish we could make one look like this...Nice work!!!

• 1 month later...