2008 Warwheels.net Hobby Product Awards Announced

Warwheels

I don't suppose you would also consider judging 1/72 scale war wheels as well. There are alot more of us 1/72 scale armor builders out there than most people think, but since 1/35th is always so overwhelmingly represented, nobody seems to see us. Still, It would be interesting to see how you would judge the small scale stuff as well.

Oh, and now 1/48th scale armor is a growing field as well. Maybe next year's 'wheelies' could consider expanding into judging at least the kits in all three scales.

In closing, thank you for posting this. I love seeing a ranking of the best in any field. Keep up the great work. Your research info and historical records are incredibly helpful to builders of all scales.

Hi Mark.

Thanks for your input. Actually, we did consider other scales besides 1/35. However, both Dave Haugh and I are primarily 1/35 scale modelers and about 95% of the nominations were from 1/35 modelers as well, so obviously the results were skewed that way. You definitely have good points and I wish we had more info/nominations on the small scale scene. I believe we only had two non-1/35 nominations...

We plan on doing another awards selection for 2009 and I'll make sure I stress that all scales are included. In addition, I'll make sure we hit the braille scale boards to make sure everyone there knows they haven't been forgotten.

Hi Mark.

Thanks for your input. Actually, we did consider other scales besides 1/35. However, both Dave Haugh and I are primarily 1/35 scale modelers and about 95% of the nominations were from 1/35 modelers as well, so obviously the results were skewed that way. You definitely have good points and I wish we had more info/nominations on the small scale scene. I believe we only had two non-1/35 nominations...

We plan on doing another awards selection for 2009 and I'll make sure I stress that all scales are included. In addition, I'll make sure we hit the braille scale boards to make sure everyone there knows they haven't been forgotten.

Excellent! I know that on the Missing Lynx Braille Scale Forums I never saw an announcement. That isn't to say that it wasn't posted, I just never saw it. I think you'll get quite a response from them this coming year. There are alot of guys on that board and they are all very vocal so you should get a great response.

Thanks again, this is a fantastic thing you're doing.

Nope, I didn't put an annoucement in the Braille scale forum on ML. I did put one in the General News forum though. I didn't want to spam any sites by overloading on messages.