F-94C 1:48 aftermarket stuff?

TheWalrus

Just got my Kittyhawk Models kit of the F-94C. Nicely done on preliminary viewing, but was wondering if there are any aftermarket cockpit items that might work. The seats, especially, are nice, but I suspect aftermarket resin will look even better. Other than that the cockpit looks nice. Rest of kit is very nice in appearance. Haven't done any dry-fitting yet. Very fine panel line and rivet engraving.

Can't wait to get started but still fighting the Great Wall 1:48 Devastator. Most problems are self-inflicted. I am taping the canopy glazing now.

Here is an article that Phil Brandt wrote on his F-94C.

http://hyperscale.com/features/2002/f94cpb_1.htm

He says,"True Details T-33 seats were used because they're very close to those of the F-94C and because they've got nicely molded seat belt assemblies."

At the time, I believe Lockheed and others were making their own seats. These might not be so deadly reproduced for the modeling aftermarket so maybe F-80 or T-33 seat are "close enough."

John

Here is an article that Phil Brandt wrote on his F-94C.

http://hyperscale.co...02/f94cpb_1.htm

He says,"True Details T-33 seats were used because they're very close to those of the F-94C and because they've got nicely molded seat belt assemblies."

At the time, I believe Lockheed and others were making their own seats. These might not be so deadly reproduced for the modeling aftermarket so maybe F-80 or T-33 seat are "close enough."

John

Works for me. Thanks for article and info. Seats are on order.

There's also an old Reheat T-33 pe set, but it may be hard to find. The instrument panels wouldn't be right, but most of the other stuff would be usable. Actually, if you wait 2-3 months, I'm betting there will be some aftermarket put out for that kit, as well as some aftermarket decals.

GIL :smiley16:

There's also an old Reheat T-33 pe set, but it may be hard to find. The instrument panels wouldn't be right, but most of the other stuff would be usable. Actually, if you wait 2-3 months, I'm betting there will be some aftermarket put out for that kit, as well as some aftermarket decals.

GIL :smiley16:

Found this set on the I-net with google search. The set is about $US40.00 w/s&h. I pass and will wait for aftermarket but going to get it started. The p.e. is not bad at all. Includes very well done side consoles and the usual bits that you can see with a 20x magnifier. Has some nice touches and the cockpit appears to be so tight that a lot would not be seen anyway.