Hasegawa Fw190A-6 kit

jcorley

I have been told, and want to verify, that the 1/72 kit Hasegawa issued as an Fw190A-6 was nothing more than the Fw190a-5/A-7 kit with a different instruction sheet. From what I was told, the kit is inaccurate in that the wing has the longer gun barrels of the A-6/A-7 but was still missing the DF loop. And, thus, the A-6 can be built by using the A-5 cowl (part 26), canopy (clear part 2) and not shortening the gun barrels.

Can any of you Luftwaffe guys shed some light on this?

According to my Rickenbacker "FlyBy", June '85; (I never throw anything away! :smiley4: ); which has a compendium on the Fw-190As...

The "A-6" would have the small cowl with the 7.9mm MG-17 machine guns. The wings had both the inner and outer cannons. The MG-151s had long barrels and the MG-FFs had the short barrels. It would have the early style non-bulged canopy, most likely without any side armor (unless your example had it retro-fitted). Not sure if the pitot was mid-wing or moved out to the tip for the A-6.

This does NOT get into field modified "R" kits, as in an A-6/R1 with a 20mm gun pack under the wings; or the R2 with a 30mm gun pack under the wings; or the R3, in which the outer wing MGs were deleted and outer wing bomb racks added for bombs.

This is my best basic info,but it probably isn't the end-all on the subject, as the 190s were adapted and modified to a much greater degree than the Bf-109s! Hope this helps!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges