'Fould' Humvee I.E.D. vignette

tiking

Been working on this for some time now and still got a little brushing up and small details to add before I am satisfied.The inspiration for this little vignette comes from a photo I had seen on the net. I think it was taken in Afghanistan. So far this is my interpretation of such a scene of an IED Humvee attack.

Here is the pic from which I got my inspiration:

humvee_ied_contact.jpg

ied_humvee.jpg

ied_humvee2.jpg

ied_humvee3.jpg

ied_humvee4.jpg

That is really cool. The base is amazing. All I can think of when I look at it is what happened to the guys inside. I know someone who still deals with the aftermath of a similar experience in Iraq. Thats what a model like this is supposed to do, make you remember the people involved. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Here's an observation someone on this board can probably address.

Wouldn't the weight of the M2 .50 cal spin the turret down to the "bottom"?

That's how it is in the photo. I think it would make the image more dramatic, too.

Nice job, though.

Edited by DaveDeLang

Here's an observation someone on this board can probably address.

Wouldn't the weight of the M2 .50 cal spin the turret down to the "bottom"?

That's how it is in the photo. I think it would make the image more dramatic, too.

Nice job, though.

You are 100% correct. I already the changes after these pics were taken. And thanks to you Smith for your comment.

Edited by tiking

• 4 weeks later...

It's beautifully done, although the front wheel with the missing tire is missing the run flat insert. This is a metal device that consists of two halves that bolt around the wheel, but inside of the tire. They are designed to allow the vehicle to continue to drive if the tire is deflated. It looks like this and may still be bolted to the wheel even after the tire is blown off.

s11s.JPG