1/48 and 1/32 suggestion

Recently I discoverd that there are only 2 ancient and no 1/32 scale harrier frs-1's out there. I figured there would be more options for this iconic early version of britians jump jet than the very old and simple tamiya and aifix offerings. With hasegawa's 1/48 harrier series and trumpy's 1/32 series, the frs-1 version is sadly overlooked. Is there any love coming for the fans of the grandfather version of the SHAR?

A long time ago, back when MPC made Star Wars kits and also reboxed Airfix kits, I used those little Golden Opportunity (wings, wheels, stripes or anchors) that you cut from the side of the box to send in for a free 1/24 scale USMC Harrier. That was a huge, impressive kit, with a little bit of fit issues. I built it while still in college so around 1984-85 or so. I think it was an AV-8A.

A long time ago, back when MPC made Star Wars kits and also reboxed Airfix kits, I used those little Golden Opportunity (wings, wheels, stripes or anchors) that you cut from the side of the box to send in for a free 1/24 scale USMC Harrier. That was a huge, impressive kit, with a little bit of fit issues. I built it while still in college so around 1984-85 or so. I think it was an AV-8A.

Reboxed Airfix kit. I think they did it for all the Airfix 1/24's, but maybe not. I do know that they did the P-51 also from Airfix.

Hi, Brian,

Have all of you forgotten the 1/32 Revell Kit #H-194 Hawker Siddeley Harrier V/STOL "Jump Jet" from 1973? RAF markings are for XV795 (GR. Mk 1A). USMC markings are for VMA-513 Bu.No. 158384 (AV-8A).

Or, how about 1/32 Revell Kit #4718 Siddeley Hawker Harrier from 1982? RAF markings are for GR.1 of No. 3 Squadron XW767. USMC markings are for VMA-231 Bu.No. 159253 (AV-8A). This is a reissue of the 1973 kit with new decals. I have not looked for any newer reissues; these are from my stash.

Photos of the box art for both models are in the IPMS Box Art Archive if you wish to see them.

Hope this helps.

Ed