SH-60B

WildBill50

Will-Cookmtg5-12SH-60B017.jpg

Will-Cookmtg5-12SH-60B016.jpg

Will-Cookmtg5-12SH-60B015.jpg

Will-Cookmtg5-12SH-60B014.jpg

Will-Cookmtg5-12SH-60B013.jpg

Will-Cookmtg5-12SH-60B012.jpg

Here is the Italeri SH-60B Seahawk with an Eduard interior upgrade. I lowered the main landing gear by cutting about 3/16 of an inch from the oleo's as the gear stood too tall. I scraped off the tubing on the sonobouy launcher and replaced them all with fine wire. I added safety wires on the tail rotor also. The Eduard set consisted of extra bulkheads seat belts and shoulder belts, new instrument panels for the cockpit and sonobouy stations. This set really dresses up the interior nicely. The model was painted with three different MM gray's, a combo of Acryl and Enamels. The cockpit was painted Flat Black with the rest of the interior painted Dark Gull Gray. There were no real difficulties with the build. I added a few wires to the main rotor head to busy it up a little more than the straight kit parts. The decals were from the box and went down nicely over a "Future" base that was applied just where the decals would go. I overcoated them with "Future" again after they dried and then hit the whole model with MM Acryl Clear Flat. I applied "Tamiya" weathering masters around the exhausts and called the "helo" done. The gray paint scheme isn't very photogenic, but it looks pretty cool in the flesh, so to speak.

This model is the one I picked for our club's "What are you going to build for 2012". It's the first time I didn't take an extra two years to complete one of those.

Get one...It's a really nice kit. 4 stars, 5 with the Eduard additions.

Thank you for looking.

Bill

Super looking Seahawk! I see these almost daily tooling leisurely over Orange Park (out of NAS Jax) and hovering over the St. Johns river, practicing rescue pickups. Congrats!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks guys. The rotor comes pre-drooped in the kit. For the tint on the canopy, I used Gunze clear blue hand brushed and thinned with a little water. I'm afraid to paint those windows with my airbrush...don't know why, so I just hand paint them.

Thanks again for the comments.

Bill