2 Day Car Build

ghodges

I started this one at 11:30am on 1/14. I worked on it about 8hrs that day. In preparation I had already studied the instructions (to find shortcuts) and also had bought some fast drying spray paint at Walmart (Rustolem, etc.). As the day progressed, I test sprayed the gold color, let it dry, and also tested the clear coat over it. They both dried "hard" within about 2hrs; with no "crackling". The most time consuming part of the build was painting the figure head. I also opted to repaint most of the chrome parts by painting them with gloss black and then coating them with Alclad Chrome; which is a much more realistic chrome finish than the kit plating. BY the time I quit that evening I had the body painted and glossed, as well as 90% of the sub-assemblies done. It took about 3 hours of work the next afternoon when I got home from work to finish things up. Hope you enjoy! I did!

100_1628.jpg

100_1632.jpg

100_1638.jpg

GIL :smiley16:

And here's the pics of the finished model. By the way, I have painted the front turn signals since theses pics were taken!

100_1641.jpg

100_1642.jpg

100_1643.jpg

100_1646.jpg

It's no contest beauty, but it was GREAT fun to get a model done so quickly, and it was a bit of nostalgia for me, since I built these kits over 30yrs ago! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16: