Acrylic Paints

Sam

Need some help. I painted my model with testors acrylic. I put on my decals after waiting a few days for the Future to dry. I then put on Testors acrylic semi-gloss dull coat. I had later, while putting on other decals, managed to get a couple of waters spots on the finish. Now I have water spots on my model. I do I get them off? Is this the beast of using acrylics? I never had a problem while ever using Enamels.

Thank you,

Sam

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Hi There.............I take it these are just water spots??? Have you tried taking a Q-Tip, with a little water on it, and giving it a few swipes???

If it's still there.....try the Q-Tip dipped in your wash and dab. If it's still there.............Tank??? MUD.....A/C???.......TARP ! Lemme know whats up, okay...........it's an easy fix.

It sounds like you got some "white" water spotting in the Future while applying the decals; is that correct? Future will do this on occassion. The remedy is to apply another coat of Future and the white blushing usually goes away. The bad news here is that it sounds like you already applied another top coat over that, and that may prevent you from getting to the blushing in the Future. However, if you think the spotting is in the top coat (the acrylic semi-flat), you might try another coat of that to see if it makes them go away. That's my best guess, without seeing pics of your problem. Good Luck!

GIL :smiley16:

It sounds like you got some "white" water spotting in the Future while applying the decals; is that correct? Future will do this on occassion. The remedy is to apply another coat of Future and the white blushing usually goes away. The bad news here is that it sounds like you already applied another top coat over that, and that may prevent you from getting to the blushing in the Future. However, if you think the spotting is in the top coat (the acrylic semi-flat), you might try another coat of that to see if it makes them go away. That's my best guess, without seeing pics of your problem. Good Luck!

GIL :smiley16:

Hi Gil,

I'm almost 99% sure it's water spots. ( Ive always used enamels) and never had a problem. Is this the nature of Acrylics? If so, I'm going to be extra careful from now on.

Thank you very much for you help.

Sam

Hi There.............I take it these are just water spots??? Have you tried taking a Q-Tip, with a little water on it, and giving it a few swipes???

If it's still there.....try the Q-Tip dipped in your wash and dab. If it's still there.............Tank??? MUD.....A/C???.......TARP ! Lemme know whats up, okay...........it's an easy fix.

Dear Bun,

Thank you for the help. I tried the q-tip and it worked. I only used water with the the q-tip. It looks like I'm going to be very careful from now on.

Thanks again,

Sam