Constantly having to re-Log In!

As I was surfing the new Forums, I kept getting the Error message that "I am not allowed to use this feature. If you need to log in you can use the form below." This happened after every three or four Threads were read/posted on, and always when I moved to a different Forum (i.e from IPMS USA Forum to Modeling Forum and then to Other Topics Forum) Is there any way to prevent this as it is extremely annoying having to log in all the time. And apparently, despite having cookies activated for this Forums, it certainly doesn't "remember me" even though I have that checked.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

It just did it again when I hit "Post New Topic"!

• 1 year later...
As I was surfing the new Forums, I kept getting the Error message that "I am not allowed to use this feature. If you need to log in you can use the form below." This happened after every three or four Threads were read/posted on, and always when I moved to a different Forum (i.e from IPMS USA Forum to Modeling Forum and then to Other Topics Forum) Is there any way to prevent this as it is extremely annoying having to log in all the time. And apparently, despite having cookies activated for this Forums, it certainly doesn't "remember me" even though I have that checked.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

It just did it again when I hit "Post New Topic"!

I'm having the same problem, but only when I first try to view the forums, not while switching from one to another. I have "Remember Me" checked, and it always worked until just recently, say within the last week or two.

I am not seeing this issue - what browsers are people who are having trouble using?

Eric

I've been and still am using Mozilla Firefox, but I haven't had this issue since July when I first reported it. Somehow it managed to clear up on it's own for me.

I am not seeing this issue - what browsers are people who are having trouble using?

Eric

I'm using Safari 4.0.3.

I'm using Firefox vers. 3.5.3, running under Mac OS 10.4.11, and have had no problems. :smiley20:

So am I and I have no issues - you may need to flush out any cookies for ipmsusa2.org . Also, if you are running any IM clients like Adium, I have noticed an issue with it making a mess of cookies...

Eric

I'm using Safari 4.0.3.

So am I and I have no issues - you may need to flush out any cookies for ipmsusa2.org . Also, if you are running any IM clients like Adium, I have noticed an issue with it making a mess of cookies...

Eric

I find no cookies for ipmsusa2.org.

Look for your-name@ipmsusa[n].txt or .txt"]your-name@ipmsusa2[n].txt

where "your-name" is whatever you are on your computer and "n" is a number like 1 or 2.

I had this problem once and found more than one set, I think with a different "your-name" and that cleared it up -- some old cookie was preventing new cookies from taking (or something like that).

If you are finding no cookies for ipmsusa2.org, that would be the reason you need to re-log in. Sounds like you have cookies turned off in Safari's Security preference pane, I set mine to 'Only from sites I visit'.

Eric

If you are finding no cookies for ipmsusa2.org, that would be the reason you need to re-log in. Sounds like you have cookies turned off in Safari's Security preference pane, I set mine to 'Only from sites I visit'.

Eric

They're there; I just didn't look hard enough for them. I deleted all the cookies for ipmsusa2.org, quit Safari, then re-opened it. That seemed to have solved the problem, and so far it has not re-occurred.