Syrian Hummel

Mark Aldrich

OK all,

Besides the ONE photo in TANK BATTLES OF THE MIDDLE EAST WARS(1), does anyone have photos of the 5 Hummels they used?

Mark

:smiley19:

Adam,

Doubtful but trying. One would think there would be a website dedicated to the obscure but I have yet to find it.

Mark

:smiley17:

I've been trying to find some pics of these as well. I have also been tryi9ng to find more pics of the rest of the German armor sent to Syria so I can model all of them too. Keep us all posted, and I'll try to post some pics that I come across as well.

I have shots of some panzer IVs. No IIIs however. Also a few of the Stug IIIs as well. I have one Hummel and I do not believe France ever sold any of the Panthers they had. Steven Zaloga and Mouse House state that Syria purchased 20-40 (depending on book) Panzer IVs and IIIs from France and Czechoslovakia.

• 1 month later...
I have shots of some panzer IVs. No IIIs however. Also a few of the Stug IIIs as well. I have one Hummel and I do not believe France ever sold any of the Panthers they had. Steven Zaloga and Mouse House state that Syria purchased 20-40 (depending on book) Panzer IVs and IIIs from France and Czechoslovakia.

I now have a picture of a Panzer IV L/70 ex Syrian Army on the Golan Heights in the 1980s..

Email me at ca920@sbcglobal.net for the image.

AC

AC,

Email sent and dieing to see the photo. I have actually started a Middle East War Sig with a website. So this one will probably be added to it as well.

Mark

AC,

Email sent and dieing to see the photo. I have actually started a Middle East War Sig with a website. So this one will probably be added to it as well.

Mark

Info has been sent. Sent me the stuff for the SIG too when you have a moment. thanks.

AC

AC,

Here is the link. It is still young as it was only started about a month ago. I will add to it as I find more stuff.

http://www.freewebs.com/mewsig/

• 3 months later...

Adam,

Thanks for the link....gonna have to get permission to use the pics and they I can post them.

Mark

• 2 months later...

OK, Mark, how does one sign up for your SIG? I'm in. I even have a few pics of my M50 (late) I can post, if you'll have them.

Steve