GregWise

After posting '10 yrs in the pile of shame' thread I inventoried the rest of pile and here is what I found, some are almost 20 yrs old. I'm not sure what I should do with them. I know most will never have a second chance on my bench while others have been on the bench several times over the years only to be returned to the pile. So if you see something you like please comment or make an offer, I may or may not part with it, who knows you may have the fix I need to finish another one.

100_8939.jpg

pretty sure all the parts are here but it's a real basket case.

100_8943.jpg

I did finish this one, rescribed it, but the decals silvered so I set about starting a refinish and AMS took over- nuff said.

100_8944.jpg

Model kit from hell, this one has been on the bench several times worst kit I ever met. but starting to turn around.

100_8946.jpg

not happy with the finish and not sure why.

100_8947.jpg

oldest kit in the pile destined for the chit can.

100_8948.jpg

not happy with the foil work so far- it had a bad reaction the the base coat primer.

100_8949.jpg

these were going to be a birthday gift for my Trekie sister but they are crappy kits and I didn't want to insult her.

100_8950.jpg

just wanted to revisit a childhood build... I grew up and lost interest.

100_8952.jpg

lost interest.

100_8951.jpg

wet sanded through the paint on the hood, just need to respray it and move on with it.

100_8953.jpg

Started a rescribe and reworking the kit about 15 yrs ago and now with the GWH kit (I just turned in my IPMS review on it) it may never be finished.

100_8954.jpg

not happy with canopy issues.

100_8955.jpg

crappy kit bested by the newer Hasegawa kit.

100_8956.jpg

missing the engine compartment door. if you have for sell or trade let me know.

100_8957.jpg

at least 15 yrs in the pile just not happy with it and only held on to it in hopes that my modeling would skills improve.

100_8958.jpg

tracks are useless.

100_8960.jpg

gave up while reworking the landing gear, 90% rescribed.

100_8959.jpg

newest member to the club, just not happy with the colors.

Wow......so many really nice looking projects that are pretty close to the shelf with a little more effort. I get the feeling that your bottom line in building is that these were not going to turn out the way you had planned for them to turn out; and that killed your enthusiasm to finish them. Whether the disappointment was that they were harder to build than anticipated, or that the paint/decals didn't give you the look you were after, you set them aside because of that disappointment. My only comment here is that many of us would be VERY happy to have our models looking THAT good.

For my own building purposes, I just HAD to give up on demanding of myself that every model turn out the way I wanted. It simply added too much unneeded pressure to my hobby. After all, they're just MODELS! I still set out with a certain goal in mind for each build, and I try to achieve it, but if things go awry I simply complete the build as best I can and move on to the next. Luckily, my personality will allow me to do this. I completely understand that many builders are more perfectionist and have to build to a higher level. In the end, you simply have to build in a way that makes YOU happy!

Hope you find some interested buyers and traders for the ones you want to part with. Unless you have plans to try to compete with each and every one of those above, I think you have some great potential shelf sitters for your collection that you can also proudly show, even if you can see the warts.

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

I would like the Arado, been looking for one I can practice on for the 1/350 versions. Send PM if willing to part with it.

I would like the Arado, been looking for one I can practice on for the 1/350 versions. Send PM if willing to part with it.

it's yours- sending PM,

Greg.

I think the oldest partially built model in my collection is the original Tamiya M2 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle. I had built the M3 Cavalry Fighting Vehicle while in college and started the M2 just after that while awaiting orders to active duty in 1987. I left the kit at my parents' house when I left for Fort Knox and then Germany. I retrieved it the summer of 2004 along with lots of other modeling junk when I was stationed in Massachusetts because they were moving the following year and all would be tossed. I dug it out a couple of years ago and started messing with it but after a quarter century of being in and around US armored vehicles, I knew there was so much that needed to be done to the kit to make it accurate that it would just be easier to start from scratch.

I need to just build it OOB just to finish it up.