IDF "Monster"

Lots of Styrene, Kit Bashing, brass, and Resin. The Verlinden kit needs lots of work!

100_5105.jpg

100_5106.jpg

100_5107.jpg

100_5108.jpg

100_5109.jpg

:Smile_sceptic:

Cool! I shall watch this with interest. So far, I may even be able to attempt to kitbash one of these in 1/72 scale with styrene strip. I'll have to watch further.

Duke,

Thanks! Well, In this case, the Verlinden's biggest problem is that the master was built around a M4A3. The Monster was built off a m4A3 105mm Howitzer with an M4A1 Engine deck and rear plate or a M4A1 Howitzer tank. There is a mix of stamped and dish road wheels and idlers. Only (to my knowledge) Dragon makes a Dished Idler and it is ONLY in their BeutePanzer kit. The side armor consists of M4A1 frontal armor, plate armor, and T-34 rear engine plates.

:Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Here is some of my resin casting over the weekend. Think my resin is outta date. Kept getting sticky parts. Did a mix of fast drying and super thin and pulled a decent one out. Also are some swabby hats and C boxes.

100_5110.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting closer!!!! I wanted to show off the beautiful .50 that comes with the base kit! The only way it could be better than Tasca's would be to make the barrel separate. It is a GEM.

100_5183.jpg

100_5182.jpg

100_5185.jpg

100_5184.jpg

• 1 month later...

My Idler never dried so I sent them out to be cast by a professional. Until they arrive and after the NATS, this is as far as it goes.

100_5402.jpg

100_5401.jpg