10 yrs in the pile of shame.

GregWise

Recently I found myself digging through my pile of shame while doing a IPMS review, it is located in the darkest regions at the bottom of my stash closet. I keep my modeling failures in the hopes that someday I will have another go at them. Most arrive there either from a lack of interest, disaster or frustration. This one has been in there for at least 10 years (found a dated ticket for alclad with it) I had it 99% completed leaving just a few fiddly bits and the canopy to be masked painted and attached. I forgotten what it was that condemned her to the pile so I pulled out the box-tray to have another look, well it turned out that I had broken one of the segmented canopies, leaving only the one piece option. Anyway so that was it I guess. So then I finished her up in just a couple hours and I'm pleased that I finally completed it.

100_8926.jpg

100_8927.jpg

100_8930.jpg

100_8932.jpg

100_8934.jpg

100_8938.jpg

Edited by GregWise

Wow! Alclad's been around for 10yrs already?! :D

I would classify that Dauntless as a SPECTACULAR save! Absolutely beautiful build, and I'd have never known you didn't intend to use the closed canopy from the start. I'd even take that to a show and proudly display it too! Congrats!

GIL :smiley16:

A real Beauty. :smiley20: I'm jealous of both your obvious modeling skills and patience.

Thanks for sharing your model and story.

Thanks for the kind words, I really like it too mainly because "I got over it" and resolved the "issues" meaning my perceived problem(s), holding a 10 year grudge with a plastic model kit may have seemed a bit insane but it's really satisfying. I'm going after another one from the pile before I loose my new found euphoria. :wacko:

Edited by GregWise

• 3 weeks later...

Always good to get one off the shelf of doom and a nice job to boot.