2013 Convention

Mid-September...ahhhhh, no. Maybe mid October? :) Looking forward to the details.

Joe

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The official 2013 Convention web page came on-line today and is an excellent presentation of information on the event.

My congratulations, to Eieen Persichetti, Webmaster, on her exceptionally well designed Convention web page. It's easy to navigate, well thought out, and above all; very informative at this stage of development.

THANK YOU Eieen. :-)

Edited by ralph4hand

I just tried to make a reservation at the Embassy Suites and was told that the room block is gone and that they are sold out on Aug. 15th and 16th. Any word if the block will be expanded?

Thanks, Pete

Suggest you contact Chuck Holte, the Convention Chairman at; chair@ipmsusa2013.com

He's in the best position to know about or check into this. There have been past reports of "Sold-out" by Hotel Staff that were incorrect.

Good Luck and TAKE CARE,

Ralph

Edited by ralph4hand

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking to preregistering my entries and according to the contest website I should be able to do that now but I cannot find anywhere on their website to do that.

Is it active?

Mike

I may be wrong here, but I can't find anywhere that says you can register your models via the internet. For the convention, yes and there's a place where they say the forms will be available in the future, but I can't find anything about pre-registering models. I don't think we've been able to register our models in advance for the last few conventions, have we?

You're right, but this is the only mention of it anywhere and as I said, we haven't been able to do that recently. I've emailed the contest chairman via the Contacts section of the site to see if he can shed some light on this.

I heard back from the contest chair and he's says on line model registration is news to him. He thinks it's just an editing error in the FAQ section but is checking it out and will let me know the definitive answer.

By the way, kudos to Matt Quiroz, the contest chair. He got back to me within 24hrs! That's service for ya!

Nope, doesn't make it any more plain why 49 years later, we are starting to 'celebrate' 50 years unless of course IPMS/USA's original charter was issued in 1963... does that mean it will then END in August of 2014?

I am 71, which means I am in my 72nd year of life. My 72nd year of life ENDS on my birthday. Same goes for IPMS. The 50th year of IPMS begins the day after the 49th National Convention (2013) and ends with the 50th National Convention (2014).

This is not rocket science.

Ed

The advance, on-line registration of models problem has been fixed. There is no on-line registration of models. If you check the FAQ section, it now reflects that. NIce work on Loveland's part in fixing this ASAP.

Edited by Ron Bell

I am 71, which means I am in my 72nd year of life. My 72nd year of life ENDS on my birthday. Same goes for IPMS. The 50th year of IPMS begins the day after the 49th National Convention (2013) and ends with the 50th National Convention (2014).

This is not rocket science.

Ed

Well, thanks for explaining that Ed.

I believe the idea that this is a 'hinky advertising ploy' is more on the mark. Apparently.

• 1 month later...

Curious minds want to know: When are we going to be able to register for the convention and it is noted on their website that the banquet menu was supposed to be listed in December so when are we going to be able to view that?

Any updates on the categories and are you going to list the vendors that have signed up?

Mike

• 1 month later...

Is there any chance we can see which contest categories are already sponsored, and by which chapter/group?

Mike Brickman

As of 10 March, this is now available. Thank you very much!

Edited by MikeBrickman