2013 Convention

When does their website go live? I know they are still traveling home, just want an idea of when. Can we start making our hotel reservations and if so what is the code we need to use to get the convention discount? Really looking forward to the show.

Mike

When the CO people spoke at the Bids presentation, I *thought* they said the website goes live at the beginning of Sept...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be very helpful if someone "in the know" from the CO Convention group could chime in here. PLEASE

Edited by ralph4hand

Why are you guys so anxious to jump the gun? No prize is awarded for making the first hotel reservation. Give the hosts a chance to activate their website on their schedule. They still have many details to settle with their hotel's reservation system before they can announce that the system will accept a reservation. You will be informed here on the IPMS/USA website when things are ready to go. Reporting "problems" before the system is operational just adds to the confusion and workload in Loveland. Hold your horses, please. They said, "early September." It's still August. I speak from past experience with this.

Ed

Right now they are saying its sold out...I find that hard to believe unless a lot of people were just waiting by their phones to call today. 220 rooms is way too few though, so I'm sure it will sell out. I was surprised it would be held where so few rooms were available...could be quite a downer for the show depending on where the overflows are.

Joe

As to the number of rooms, this facility is an exact mirror copy of the one Omaha used and they did ok. Western conventions are never as large as those in the east or center of the country.

I think every convention I worked with at some point had its main hotel reported full. Most of the time it was a glitch in the hotel's system or you talked to Phyllis instead of Sue at the reservation desk and Phyllis just got back from vacation and didn't know what was going on yet.

I'm with Ed on this. Don't panic. Let the hosts know of any problems by emailing them via their web site as well as on the Forum and let them work on it.

I made mine this morning. At the time they couldn't put mine on line yet but the assistant told that mine will automatically be transferred when the block goes active. I booked August 12-17.

Mike

Edited by MRechlicz

Reservations are now open, but you have to ask for the "in-house" reservations. That is one tour I would like to go on if they have it.

Mike

Edited by MRechlicz

Booked my room today and received my Confirmation via eMail.

Making my Reservation went very smoothly :-)

Ditto here...$124 per night...or about $60 off the regular rate.

Joe

• 4 weeks later...