Airfix Harrier Gr5

JeffS

This is my Airfix Harrier GR5. This is a little gem in the Airfix lineup. Overall accurate and mostly acceptable decals. i did replace the "slime lights" and gray flap strips with decal stock.

100_4347.jpg

I very seldom use pilot figures in my models but the molding on this strike pilot was to good to pass up.

100_4350.jpg

Thank you for looking

And remember.....Airfix is your friend.

Very nice Harrier! Whenever I see a model of that plane I'm reminded of watching it hover at an airshow, and of how it's the LOUDEST airplane in the world! I agree with you in that Airfix kits can be a lot of fun. I'm mid-way through their 1/48 MkI Spitfire. Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

Really nice work. I built the FRS1 in Falklands markings a few years back. When I see a Harrier I think of the success they had in the Falklands War. My last airfix project was the 1/72 Marauder and 1/48 BaE Hawk. Always fun stuff. Great job keep posting.

Congratulations - nice work!

(and yes, Airfix IS the soul of the hobby.. let us not forget the images the Airfix kits and how they inspired so many to build..)

AC

Very nice build.

I can remember the first gr5 doing a display at the RCDS in the 80's, awesomely loud.

I cut my modelling molars on Airfix and I'm excited that they're back producing some great kits.

I only wish I could get Humbrol paints more readily as they brush paint a dream.

Back to work, a Nimrod is calling.