Adding a few car kits...

Modern 1/24 injection kits of:

- C, D and E type Jaguars. To dream for: a 1:12 E-type from Tamiya.

- a Lotus Esprit.

- Mclaren F1 (the supercar)

- Austin Healey 3000

- Chapparal 2E

- Cobra Daytona

Speaking of cars (sorta)....

I wish Revell would reissue ALL of the Deals Wheels cars! When I spoke to them they cited licensing problems with VW for the Bug. It makes no sense, since it's NOT a model of the VW bug, but a model of the CARTOON DRAWING Dave Deal did of the Bug! But then why should lawyers make sense.... :smiley29: especially now that Dave has passed and cannot defend his legacy!

I have several of them, but they still haven't released the Vette, the Bug, or the 2 Phony Cars (Mustang and Camaro funny cars). And, to top it off, if these kits are in anyone's collections, they sure aren't bringing them to the vendors area! I've been looking for years! With my luck if I DO find them I won't be able to afford them....which is why I want them re-released!

GIL :smiley16:

I wish Revell would reissue ALL of the Deals Wheels cars!

_.gifHave you seen this at hlj.com ?_.gif_.gif

_.gif

I was already to order one until I counted the zeros on the price. Even in Yen its a bit too rich for me.

But yeah, add a Cheetah to my wish list!

Don

Edited by Schmitz

I would like to have Revell update their 1998 Trans Am kit to the 2002 Trans Am Collector Edition. The body could be molded in yellow, and the unique markings could all be provided with decals. A new box art would be needed. Pontiac hardly changed the car at all from 1998 to 2002, when production ended for good (uh, bad). Therefore, the basic parts in the 1998 kit will carry over to the 2002 kit. Here's what it should look like (this is mine, BTW):

2002TransAm-20.jpg

Hey, Revell gave us the 2002 Chevrolet Camaro in its 35th Anniversary red with special decals, so let's get on board with the 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collector Edition. It would be a fitting end to a fine car.

Ed

• 1 month later...

I have had a wish list for a couple of cars that I would like to see in plastic. First and foremost would be the 1974 Dodge Monaco sedan with cop shocks, cop tires, and cop engine. The other would be a fox body 5.0 LX mustang hatchback. There are kits of the fox mustang's, but always with the GT body hardware.

• 4 months later...

If Revell Germany did the James Bond Aston Martin DB5 in 1/12th scale they could make a killing!

A 71 monte carlo so i wouldn't have to modify i 70 monte kit, the Ford Nucleon with detailed engine.

Hi, Wes,

You need to look for AMT Kit #T119-225 for their 1971 Monte Carlo in 1/25. It has 1971 on the licence plate on the chromed rear bumper. The tail lights are also molded to this piece, and you must paint them transparent red.

Ed

• 4 weeks later...

Modern 1/24 injection kits of:

- C, D and E type Jaguars. To dream for: a 1:12 E-type from Tamiya.

- a Lotus Esprit.

- Mclaren F1 (the supercar)

- Austin Healey 3000

- Chapparal 2E

- Cobra Daytona

Monogram did an Esprit many years ago

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monogram-2789-Lotus-Esprit-Turbo-Exotic-Car-Series-1-24-RARE-EUC-/380528888457?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item58994a0a89

Duke,

This ain't a bad price! Half of what I have paid for some of my Aurora dinosaurs.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35c2b4eb39

Thanks for the link. Didn't see this in time, but even if I did, I'm not sure I could afford the ending price. I didn't even pay that much for the Dora.

I may have to keep my eyes peeled for more of these.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else remember the days when model companies released kits of the various years of cars? I remember buying an MPC kit of a Chevette (1976?) one year and another year model the next.

Robin,

Those were the infamous "annuals" issued primarily by MPC and to a lesser extent AMT. The MPC Chevette annual lasted three years as a 1977, 1978, and 1979. It is one of the rare car kits that had two figures and a sports car rally checkpoint tent, table, and timing gear as extras in the box. No other company ever produced the Chevette.

How about the Chevy Vega annuals for another memory? I tried keeping up with the Corvettes, Camaros, Firebirds, and full-size Chevys among other annual series.

Now Round 2 is returning kits under the MPC brand label, and several of the old annuals have come back (also under the AMT brand). The prices are much higher, too.

Happy new year!

Ed

I had the Chevette, I remember the rally tent, tool box and figures and seem to recall a red, white & blue rally scheme for the non-stock version. I learned to drive in my mom's Chevette, I think it was a used '76 and orange in color. I remember painting it with those Testors white brushes and whatever gloss orange Testors produced in the small bottle.

• 3 weeks later...

Would love to see some more civilian cars in 1/72. About half of what's out there is "German Staff Car" material. Would like to see some of the various utility trucks used by USAF & NATO, plus those classic wagons that could be used for alert-crew response, c.1950's, 1960's, 1970's; Wing Commander sedans and the SUV's used around flightlines since the 1980's, motorcycles, fire fighting vehicles, etc.

There's a lot of great stuff in 1/87 scale, but it's just not close enough, unless you can park it over a foot away from the 1/72 stuff.

Would love to see some more civilian cars in 1/72. About half of what's out there is "German Staff Car" material. Would like to see some of the various utility trucks used by USAF & NATO, plus those classic wagons that could be used for alert-crew response, c.1950's, 1960's, 1970's; Wing Commander sedans and the SUV's used around flightlines since the 1980's, motorcycles, fire fighting vehicles, etc.

There's a lot of great stuff in 1/87 scale, but it's just not close enough, unless you can park it over a foot away from the 1/72 stuff.

I agree Bob. However, ACE has been putting out a lot of cars in 1/72 scale that can be made as civilian vehicles. There's the GAZ staff car (seen next to my Mi-26 Halo in my thread in Aircraft), an Opel Olympia that can be done as a civilian car; British tourer, the Ford Staff car, even a French Citroen or Trabant; I can't remember which. Roden makes an Opel Zeppstaffen(?) bus that looks wild. Hasegawa put out a pilots set in 1/72 scale that contained a 1970's era panel van, but that's the only 'modern' vehicle I've ever seen released by any model company. Of course these are all WWII-era vehicles too; I'd love to see everything you mentioned as well, we really need them!