Classic Airframes...

Wish Jules would take CA out of hybernation and start producing kits again. Rumor is that he had a 1/48 Banshee just about set to go when he closed down. CA produced some kits that other makers ignored, and generally got better in quality as each release came out. It's too bad Hasagawa waited unti right after CA released the TA-4J to release theirs. That had to hurt Jules in the pocketbook! Anyway...here hopin' that CA will make a come back!

GIL :smiley16:

I have the CA TA-4J half finished sitting in a box... it kick my butt and I gave up, even so I did not go after the Hasegawa offering.

This has been a true confession of a compulsive limited run plastic modeler.

I was also under the impression that Jules wanted to eventually do some of the RAF Between the Wars aircraft. Can you say Hawker Hart, or Hawker Hind, or even Gloster Gamecock?

R

• 1 year later...

Ditto. I also wish there could be more subjects available from the Golden Age.

Mark Fiedler

• 1 month later...

Their I-15/I-153 seems actually pretty good. Thin wings with very nice fabric effect.

I do not miss most of their releases because of the thick wingtips, or thick entire wings!

Many (but not all) of their kits look either like Hawker Typhoons in the wings, or like they could hardly fly (compared to the wings thickness of the original that is)...

Gaston

• 2 years later...