M42 Duster Interior sets?

cbush

I'm staring at the AFV Club M42 Duster. It looks like a great kit and I want to get started on it, but I want to do an interior for the driver's compartment.

The kit has seperate hatches, and there is even some detail on the inside of them. The large front hatch would look really good open, and most all of the interior will be visable. I've also found some pictures of Dusters in Vietnam with that hatch propped open.

Do any of you treadheads know of an interior that would work? Has anyone heard of one being released? Maybe even something for a Chaffee? I've searched on Google and Bing, but maybe I missed something (I hope).

Thanks for looking.

Chuck Bush

chuck@chuckbush.com

It's a different configuration with that large entry hatch in the front. I'm unsure if anything available would work. Here is a photo of a nasty, rusty M42 with the driver's hole opened up:

http://www.primeportal.net/tanks/dave_hoernle/m42_duster/

Chuck,

Hobby Fan did an engine and engine bay for the old Tamiya kit. To this TreadHead's knowledge, there are no driver compartment hop ups......yet! Does the AFV CLub M41 have one???? Just looked at some reviews......no go!

:Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Thank you Rob. I hadn't found this walk around.

Mark, I've got my fingers crossed that we will see a set soon. But I don't think I'll put off the build waiting, maybe a second kit will be in order.

Chuck