Kanonenjagdpanzer 4-5

DavidBridges

Hi all,

I finally finished my 1/35th scale Revell Germany Kanonenjagdpanzer 4-5 after 3 years of intermittent work. The Revell kit isn't all bad, but it needs lots of love to do it right. The tracks and mantlet, in particular, are garbage right out of the kit. I replaced the tracks as well as lots of other stuff with resin updates from Perfect Scale Modellbau. The mantlet and various other bits are scratchbuilt. The barrel is from RB Model.

The model is painted with ModelMaster enamels and is finished as a vehicle of Panzerjager Kompanie 160, intended to look like it's on exercise during some Bundeswehr/NATO wargame. I plan to submit an article to the Journal detailing everything I did to get where I got. This vehicle has always been one of my favorites, so warts and all, I'm really glad Revell came out with this kit. Like I said earlier, it's not all bad. If you like the subject, it's worth a go.

David

15zp7gy.jpg2m8038h.jpg

1zb53r8.jpg

z8w46.jpg

68d0mu.jpg

16ih0jm.jpg

Beautiful work, looks like a real labor of love. I've got the Revell Jaguar anti-tank kit that is similar and I noticed many of the deficiencies you pointed out, but unlike you, I don't think I'd put the effort into making it nearly as nice as yours.

Well done (as usual for you), now just gotta see it in person. Are you coming up on July14th for the AMPS contest in Lexington?

I'm hoping to. Trying to convine Linda to go as well, but you know how that goes :smiley29:

I agree, it's one of the Bundeswehr tanks they should have released to give us a break from the sea of Leopards. The only other scale models I know of are the Roco 1:87 scale one and the Tamiya 1:48 scale one.