USS Enterprise CV-6

ncarpio

Done! After 2 long years of pause due to a mid-life crisis... :)

I built this 1/350 Trumpeter kit so I can display it with my CVN-65. I had fun with this especially te paint job which made me stop for a while due to the "burn-out" effect.And after all that...the cat came in the house and ruined it!!! I had a bounty on that cat - seriously! Then, it had to go back to dry-dock for a re-fix. And now...done and over with.

enterprise1-1.jpg

enterprise4.jpg

enterprise8.jpg

enterprise2-1.jpg

enterprise5.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest PetrolGator

Saying I dislike Trumpeter's offering of the CV-6 would be an understatement.

So, saying that, this build is truly stunning. You turned one of the few Trumpy kits I don't like into a work of art! She looks every bit the proud veteran she was. Excellent, excellent job!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks PetroGator! I actually was building the USS Hornet (same kit). My friend saw it at 80% stage and he said he wanted to trade it with an unbuilt kit. Burned-out with that Hornet kit (all the WEM PE sets on it) I decided to build the Big E since I have the CVN 65 already. It took a looooong while before I got this done actually.

What's this with cats and models????? I have heard LOTS of horror stories involving cats and models (mostly ships for some reason).

Man, you should see how I hunted it down with traps, with my Airsoft M4 rifle and yes, with a bounty! That beast ruined it twice! As if it was hunting it down for it to wreck. I think I won. It never went back. Maybe the poisoned food did it. Freshly cooked "Chicken Adobo" with rat poison. Man, this is what we do to protect our builds!?! 'God save us.

I have a cat and I've never had a problem with her bothering my models. Neither did my other two cats I had prior to her.

Noel, congrats on doing such an outstanding save on this model. It truly looks like a Masterpiece. I only wish I had the skills to make mine look half as good. Well done!!