A Few Of My Recent Projects

Dreamsof51

Heres the Monogram Cessna 180 reissue.

DSC_5485.jpg

One of my P-51s

DSC_5483.jpg

This is the 1/48 scale Magister from FM models. This one took a while (if you ever done one of these kits you'll know why!)

DSC_5484.jpg

A 1/48 scale Tamiya Spitfire

DSC_5487.jpg

Monograms 1/48 A37 Dragonfly

DSC_5486.jpg

Nice job on the Cessna...I did the review on that kit recently, and it's not an easy kit to build. You did great work on it!

Love the P-51 and the Spit...both beautiful builds!

Excellent work and some great looking finishes! How did the Tweety Bird go together? I've been meaning to build that one for years and have procrastinated..........Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

I got this kit from my father in law who works overseas. Every other trip home he brings me a kit or two that hes found in the local hobby shop in Saudi Arabia. This is a great kit when you consider how long its been around. It shows its age with raised panel lines but the detail level is just fine. As I remember it fit together very well. I'm a bit different then most in that I like to put pilots in the cockpit if they come with the kit. I gave these guys a bit more life by heating them up and turning their heads so they look they are getting waived out. I could not resist loading it up with all the ordinance provided in the kit. The decals are the usual Monogram milky glue type. I coated the paint with future and laid the decals on a bed of wet future to keep them from silvering. A lesson I learned the hard way! I think you would enjoy building it. Thanks for the comments.

Nice job on the Cessna...I did the review on that kit recently, and it's not an easy kit to build. You did great work on it!

Love the P-51 and the Spit...both beautiful builds!

Thanks Keith. I saw they reissued the Cessna and I could not resist since I built two or three of them when I was a kid. It was nice change of pace since I built mostly fighter planes. I wish the markings on the box top came with the kit. The late 1950s and early 60s Cessna paint jobs were really cool. When I saw the decals, I decided to do my thing. I knocked down all the rivets and closed the doors by gluing, removing the hinges and scribing the outlines and handles. On the inside I added a instrument panel decal and throttle/ mixture controls with wire and superglue knobs. This one motivated me so much, I went and bought the new Revell Piper Super Cub. The Mustang and Spitfire are both right out of the box including markings. Glad you enjoyed looking at them.