P-51d Progress...

Wulf

This is Tamiya's P-51 1/48. I also have the Hase kit and comparing both, Tamiya seems the better choice. More crisp detail and better fit. I used Eduards PE cockpit set which had to be modified a little since it was for the Hase kit. First time using a resin cast seat. I like the way it looks and the effect is pretty convincing.

Andy

51pit5.jpg

51pit4.jpg

51pit3.jpg

51pit2.jpg

51pit1.jpg

Looking good so far. Did the same thing a while ago (building both kits at the same time,) I agree the Tamiya kit is better. I could not believe the gear door fit. More like a watch then a plastic model. The only thing I did not like was the decals. I also really liked the dropped flaps. Can`t wait to see the finished bird. As my name implies, Mustangs rule!

That's a sweet front office ya got going there! I've also built both 'Stang kits and agree that over all the Tamiya kit is better. What markngs are you going to use? Keep us posted!

GIL :smiley16:

Actually, I'm gonna use a set from the Hase kit. It's the "Grim Reaper" version.

A note of caution about the Hasagawa Mustang decals. I had the 352nd version and found some of them to be a little brittle, but what was worse was that the "whites" were translucent. Be wary! Best of luck!

GIL :smiley16: