War Pig Info Needed

TimDarrah

Hi guys,

I saw in the April 2012 issue of Model Military International that www.proartmodels.be has a Warpig conversion out based on the Trumpeter LMTV kit so I have one on order I hope (they haven't responded to my e-mailed order).

Anyways, might anyone know where I might find photos of the Warpig? I've "Binged" it and found one, checked WarWheels.net, but didn't see anything. I know that these are "shy" vehicles, but there must be some photos/info out there somewhere. Might you know where?

Thanks,

Timmypost-18-0-17643500-1333287511_thumb.jpg

Thanks bud, found two more good ones.

Tim - If you can get your hands on a copy of "Special Forces in Iraq" by Eric Micheletti [published by Histoire & Collections - isbn # 2-915239-64-9]. there are a number of photo's of LMTV's in full use with all the gear that Special Forces carry [ enough to start a war!]. Also in that book check out the LRPV's of the Australian Special Forces. These are wierd 6 wheel vehicles made from parts of Land Rovers and other vehicles. This book really gives you a full color view of uniforms, vehicles, aircraft and equipment of Special Forces from a number of countries. With the ISBN Number above you should be able to track it dowm. Dan

Hi Tim.

Have you seen the review of the 1/35 PA WarPig conversion on Armorama? If so, definitely give it a read as there is a lot of important info; specifically that the base conversion doesn't include a lot of the extra gear. Here's a link: http://www.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=187057&page=1

Dannie,

Thanks I'll definately look for the book.

Patrick,

Thanks for the link. I did see on their webb site what was and what wasn't inlcuded in the conversion. I do agree that it sucks that you have to buy a bunch more sets in order to have a complete model; but I just paid for the items.

Tim

Thanks for the link. I did see on their webb site what was and what wasn't included in the conversion. I do agree that it sucks that you have to buy a bunch more sets in order to have a complete model; but I just paid for the items.

You're welcome Tim.

For what it's worth, the way I look at this situation is, assuming ProArt is up front with what you get/don't get in their base conversion, I'm fine with their practice. Apparently, there were some complaints a bit back that people didn't know that the base conversion did not include EVERYTHING...

Patrick,

I agree, at least they tell you what you need to complete the conversion. On Missing-Lynx, I think it was, I saw a post and this guy spent a lot more than I did on more stowage. I can't wait to get going on this thing, next month aftyer everything, the resin & the kit arrive. I saw these things for real a few years ago & was very interested in them but wasn't allowed to talk with "the passengers", plus I didn't have my camera with me at work.