The Duke is a STAR.

802chrisg

Just received my latest AMPS Boresight issue. This is a special issue all about small scale armor (1/72).

IPMS's very own Mark Deliduka (a.k.a. The Duke) is featured twice in the issue. On one page there he is, The Duke with a big smile on his face. Still reading thru the issue, but for those of you that can get you hands on a copy it is a very good issue. Even thou I model mainly in 1/35 scale it still amazes me how these guys and gals do it. My eye sight is not what it was and my big paws get in the way sometimes. So congrats Mark and hats off to you and all that do small scale armor.

Thanks guys! I love the new issue also. Great articles in there along with mine.

For those still reading it; the Shermans all along the top of the page and the other models featured in the "Second Look at Small Scale" article are all mine. The caption for my entire collection is off by a little bit as well. There is actually 545 completed models in that picture, not the 520-something they mentioned. It's cool; that may have been my mistake. Now that collection of finished models numbers 603.

Thanks again for the kudos guys! Enjoy that new issue!

Okay, for those who don't get the Boresight, here's a peek at what 545 small scale armor models looks like on top of four tables:

100_1554.jpg

100_1558.jpg

That collection now numbers 603 armor models due to the 58 more I built since these pics were taken.

I did not know that the basic three colors for armored vehicles are sold in gallon containers. I am referring, of course, to the overall colors of green (ugly green, that is), dirty white, and gray. All other colors seem to be mere touch-up for details. :D

I can only admire what you have done here. You have 603, and I'm still trying to finish my first. I must not have the correct green, white, or gray shades in my paint inventory.

Spectacular! :army7:

Ed

Ooooo....my 5 year old grandson could have SO much fun! :P

GIL :smiley16:

I'm sure he would. I'm sure having fun with them!

I did not know that the basic three colors for armored vehicles are sold in gallon containers. I am referring, of course, to the overall colors of green (ugly green, that is), dirty white, and gray. All other colors seem to be mere touch-up for details. :D

I can only admire what you have done here. You have 603, and I'm still trying to finish my first. I must not have the correct green, white, or gray shades in my paint inventory.

Spectacular! :army7:

Ed

Thanks Ed! I wish they were sold in gallon containers! It would make filling my airbrush much easier!