Nf-104 Is Complete.

dcaponeII

I use Testor's Metallizer Paints. I blend them with Clear Lacquer. The base coat is 70% thinned Clear Gloss Lacquer (to airbrushing consistancy) and 30% Buffing Aluminum. For panels that I wanted to create a distinct reflectance difference I mask the panel and first spray it with Clear Flat Lacquer. I then did additional panels as well as some post shading with other metallizer colors mostly exhaust and burnt metal added to the buffing aluminum but mixed in the same ratio with clear gloss lacquer. Decalling was done with an overall gloss then decals then gloss to seal. Finally I sprayed the entire aircraft with Clear Semi Gloss. The exhaust area was sprayed with flat clear lacquer. I'm still debating as to wether or not to apply a panel wash. If you have any thoughts on the panel wash I'd be interested in your thoughts.

The guy I'm building it for tended to think it should remain relatively clean as well. So far it remains in its current condition. I might try a subtle wash on the exterior of the gear doors as a test. Still wishy washy on the subject (pun intended)