1/1000 scale USS Akira

SeaDog101

I've often heard in the last 2-3 years that there was supposed to be a 1/1000 scale USS Akira Star Trek starship kit to come out supposedly from Polar Lights. I've heard rumor after rumor after press release after........etc., etc., etc., but no such kit in that scale has come out yet. Has anyone else heard any new information?

R2 (formerly Polar Lights) had a number of kits that were to be supposedly released at around the time the 2009 Trek film came out - a 1000 scale Thundershiled, 2500 scale Abrams Enterprise, and there was rumor of them expanding their 1000 scale line further. I would imagine thaqt in liue of these kits, they aptly focused their time and energy on the forthcoming 350 scale TOS Enterprise I would imagine that if we do see anything new instead of rereleases of the AMT ERTL kits, it will probably be closer to the time of release of the next Trek film in 2013. I was really dissapointed they cancelled release of the 2500 scale Abrams Enterprise - but again, it may still happen when it's more commercially viable.

• 3 months later...

Sounds like it isn't dead yet. News from Wonderfest (which I have to get to someday) was they did a poll with Akira now down to 1/2500 scale. Also on the poll was a 1/1000 Reliant, 1/1000 K'tinga, 32nd scale Galileo Shuttle and a 72nd scale Iron Giant. Personally I would go with the Reliant and a conversion to make the Bozeman but that is me.