and there I was...

GregWise

Ok ok I know it's not PC to use anything but water based acrylic paint these days and I really tried to convert and haven't fallen off the wagon for a couple years but... I'm still hooked on the hard stuff... That,s right Lacquers and Enamels baby!! Anyway I wanted to do this one vintage old school for old times sake and there I was just sailing along in a fog dull-coat when OPPS... Awww-Shoot! Yep super thin dull-coat splashed on the wing... well I'm gonna try to fix it.. I got to it's a review... any tips?

100_8689.jpg

100_8688.jpg

BTW, this is a good reason to use Future as your gloss coat before applying decals. If you use an enamel or lacquer dull coat and have this kind of error, then the Future should serve as a barrier for your paint job.

Ouch!

Been there Greg. Let it dry thoroughly. Get some polishing pads and start with coarse and work your way yo to fine (I like Micro Marks apds but there are others.) Make sure you feather it in and repaint. A little time consuming but it looks great and can be fixed. heck i know a modeler that spilled an entire jar of Tenex ona 1/32 painted Phantom and he fixed like new but it took a while and some work.

Dave

PS- thanks for the P-40, exactly what i am looking for!

Terrific looking Tempest! Who's kit is it? Can't tell you had any kind of mishap at all! I also like the shadow shading and the weathering. Looks just like a late war ground attack bird! Thanks for sharing!

GIL

Edited by ghodges

• 3 weeks later...