Finished A-20 Havoc!

Mark Deliduka

This is my 1/72 scale MPC A-20 Havoc serving in the South Seas. I built this for a South Pacific Group Build on the LEM.

I finished by dull coating it and then taking off the masking on the glass. After that, I added soot powder from Tank Rats along the engine nacelles like exhaust. Then I drybrushed silver all over to bring out most of the rivet detail. The soot and the silver drybrush don't show up well in the pics though.

Anyway, here she is:

US%20A%2020%20Havoc%20I.jpg

US%20A%2020%20Havoc%20II.jpg

US%20A%2020%20Havoc%20III.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments are welcome.

You say this is an MPC kit. I believe MPC repopped a bunch of Airfix kits and reboxed them with new decals and instructions. Even so, this is a great effort to bring an A-20 to life in 1/72. Have you ever built the 1/72 Revell kit of the A-20 for comparison?

Ed

Thanks Ed. I call this MPC because it was in an original MPC box. It also had the funky 'alternate' decals that MPC was putting into alot of kits back then. I have a Junkers Ju-52 the same way. No, I hadn't built the Revell one. This one came to me free after someone in my club won it in a raffle. He realized that he was never going to build it and he knew I only built 1/72 scale, so he gave it to me.

I may have to try and get a Revell one and build for comparison now. Thanks again Ed!