Fulmar ... on the deck ! :-)

PawelP

Modeling in God's one true scale. Good for you. Looks like a nice start.

Yes, start is nice, but we have to remember it's short run kit.

I never know where are the gaps in short run's. :-)

In box all parts look fine, and the kit is only a start base.

It needs many corrections to build proper Fulmar ....

In that case it'll be only OOB model with a few small modifications.

• 2 weeks later...

Last two weeks were busy at work, but ... on the modelling workshop work was done ...

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

I haven't got any bigger problem, but the kit needs attention. In my opinion wings / fuselage fitting could be better.

On the photos it is looking very simple, but surfaces for glue with fuselage over main undercarriage bays, are very small and thin.

You have to glue it on the surface with thickness equals about 1 mm.

I have broken it one time and it was corrected using Super Glue.

06.jpg

Back those seams with some plastic card. It will re-enforce them while also allowing for more glueing surface. It's an old vac building trick, and you're only one step up from a vac with that limited run Fulmar!

GIL :smiley16:

Back those seams with some plastic card. It will re-enforce them while also allowing for more glueing surface. It's an old vac building trick, and you're only one step up from a vac with that limited run Fulmar!

You're right Gil,

In this case is problem with additional plastic sheet filing, because upper surfaces undercarriage bay are divided by upper surfaces the wings. Everything what I put between wings and fuselage is visible in the bay.

With Super Glue work goes faster ... but Your solution is better from model's strength point of view and risk is minimal.

I have to use it in next similar cases on the bench.

Wings profile is thick and lower skin model's wings is in one part - I hope Super Glue will be minimal needed solution

in case of Fulmar.

From the other side - producer should divide model's wings just like in real plane with folding wings.

The same solution was in old Hellcat's Airfix kit.

Edited by PawelP

Last few days i have a lot of work with filling, polishing and painting ... but work on the bench goes forward ...

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Last week report ... Model was prepared for painting ... Additional lights were done from scratch ... and I painted small surfaces.

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Last photos from the bench ... Painting was easy, and only a few points needed better concentration - air intakes, undercarriage, and undercarriage bays. Antenna wires needed a "few minutes" but it was done.

Final gallery : http://forum.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?/topic/8449-fulmar-finished/

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

Model finished ... :-)

55.jpg

Final gallery : http://forum.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?/topic/8449-fulmar-finished/

Edited by PawelP