not quite armor...but armor related...

MikeMoore

I'm about wrapped up on a Trumpeter Aerosan NKL-26 with a twist....I'm doing it on wheels as it was trialed in the summer of 1942. Anyone know what color the coveralls would have been that the guys crewing it would have been wearing? Based on the pictures I've seen of the things in use in winter and the tanker helmets the crews were wearing, I don't figure it would be too big a stretch to assume the guys trialing it in the summer would have been wearing tanker's summer coveralls. I've seen references for three colors, black, blue and khaki.

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

Hope this helps a little......

http://www.network54...k+uniform+color

Howie did a good review in the Archives section if you go looking for it!!!!

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Ah...many thanks Mr. Aldrich! Looks like I'll probably do the coveralls in a couple different shades of gray.

Mike

Armor normally incorporates ground warfare, whether it is a Jeep, tank, towed artillery piece or something in between. Many figures often fall into armor as well, although those are normally ones designed to be placed on or among military hardware.

Wow....Now I'm Mr. Aldrich....OK....Moore...Mike Moore(007 accent inserted)! You do realize that an Aerosan does not constitute an ARMOR piece!!!! Just saying!

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Wow....Now I'm Mr. Aldrich....OK....Moore...Mike Moore(007 accent inserted)! You do reslize that an Aerosan does not constitute an ARMOR piece!!!! Just saying!

So sorry Senor Aldrich...As much as I would love to go by 007, I am in fact 04. 007 is a MUCH more talented fellow name of Sam Morgan, aka Twisted Brother.

And, I'd beg to differ. The NKL-26 is in fact armored!

Mike,

Oh My Goodness.....Might as well call it a PLANE!!!!! It has a propeller!!!!!!! Whatever....If that is your choice of an "ARMOR" entry I can understand.......However, you will lose all your TreadHead cool points if don't don't enter a REAL piece of armor!!!!! LOL

even worse than just a propeller...it's powered by a...wait for it...AIRPLANE engine! And IF, I say IF everything works out right, the stars come into alignment, honey don't come up with too many do's, job stays somewhat slow, my "lawn" guy comes back this year, and various and sundry other occurrences (as the case may be) do/and or don't arise, I'm hoping to have a T-34 done in time for Orlando. Would that save any of my TreadHead points?

Mike,

I was going to mention the whole AIRPLANE engine thing....but knowing that even OUR armor used those I refrained! Hey...as long as the entry has TRACKS......I'll consider it TreadHead worthy!!!