Misty F-100F 56-3837

mtncolonel

I came across a Trumpeter 1/48 F-100F model today which I have been looking for a couple of years. I intend to model it as F-100F 56-3837, which has been restored at the USAF Museum in Dayton as a Misty FAC. I first learned about this by reading Bury Us Upside Down written by two Misty pilots. What I need for this project is a pair of 2.75" folding fin rocket launchers in 1/48 - 7 rockets in each. The F-100Fs carried wing fuel tanks and WP rockets for target marking. I could also use decals for 56-3837, if available, although I can make decals for this aircraft fairly easily. If you want to see it, go to the USAF Museum website and go to their F-100F site.

• 1 month later...

I have found the 2.75 FFAR that I need to model the Trumpeter 1/48 F-100F 56-3837 as a Misty fast FAC. The 1/48 Tamiya A-1J Skyraider comes with a large amount of armament, including the 2.75 7-rocket pods which I need to complete the F-100F model. The aircraft will be painted in SEA camoflauge and will carry the wing-mounted fuel tanks with the 2.75 pods outboard, mounted on the F-100F smaller pylons for the most outboard positions. In case you're not familiar with this aircraft and its Vietnam service, check Rick Newman/Don Shepperd's Bury Us Upside Down: The Misty Pilots and the Secret Battle for the Ho Chi Minh Trail (2006).