B-35 Flying Wing

WildBill50

Thanks Mark.

Making this was fun. I have never attempted a "what if" project before. I tried to keep it in the realm of a possible reality. Using parts from an AC-130 for weapons, scratchbuilding the 105 and flir turret from other bits and pieces, this was just a blast (get it). I checked some things out with a friend who was a crew chief on a B-52 just to be semi-correct in my thinking. I could just imagine something like this roaming up and down the trails and waterways of Viet Nam, being on call. With a 5,000 mile range (it was a strategic bomber after all) it could apply its trade anywhere it was needed in a relativly short time. Truly "Have gun, will travel". I think I just got my nosegear art!

Thanks again for looking.

• 1 month later...

This kit brings back memories, i had it when it first came out and Walmart had a good model section lol. Sadly like nearly every other kit i had it fell to the side thanks to impatience and a short attention span. I agree the camo looks better, even normal olive green inspired by the German flying wing would be good. I always loved the concept art of the flying wing as a passenger craft too. The guns you added are a big improvement as well. Now i wish i'd kept mine so i could redo it lol.

Thanks Wes. I really had a great time building this model (except for the original paint job). It turned into a nice "stress reducer" after all of the repaints ofthe natural metal. The camo scheme was a natural. I don't know if the gunship concept was but it got me through the build. Overall, it looks better on the shelf than in the trash.

Again, thanks for the input.

Bill

I actually had no luck painting it metallic either, for some reason the paint would rub off even after a clear coat. That's when it went into the "get around to it later" pile lol.