IDF M3A1

Mark Aldrich

This is my current......Friday Nights build. Members of the Green Dragons meet over at someone house and we build. This is all I work on until it is assembled to the point that transporting it back and forth will cause damage. Next week, I hope to begin work on my Warhawk.

100_4279.jpg

It pretty much is OOTB. The MG will be changed for MG34s. markings are going to be a pain to find. Might end up using stencils. I have the Black Bog accessory set but it was deigned for the early version and some items may not fit.

Got the Base Color on. The Black Dog accessories don't all work becasue the kit is designed for an early version without the 5 gallon cans!

100_4289.jpg

Laid on the decals and markings.

These are the kit instrument decals. They all look great except for the far left shift diagram. The model actually has this molded on (I guess if you wanted to paint it). The aluminium plating around the black is too much for me. Also, it would look nicer had I realized it and shaved off the molded part.

100_4292.jpg

These are some of the SabingaMartin markings off the decal sheet. The registration number is for Ruth II (I think) but it is one of the few "low" number reisgtration decals available on the market. The three arrows designate Southern Command and I opted for the "Free hand" look.

100_4291.jpg

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Thanks Gil. I have been slowly deliberate about this one! Due to sooo many different bags, I want them all to have a different shade so I have pulled out all my paints looking for different variations of greens/grays/ browns/ tans and civilian colors too (not too many of those). Going to try my first use of aycrlic brush on red tonight.

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Duke,

So far it has been base coat, future, Model Master Schokolade Brown wash, flat coat, drybrush, and re-flat (if the base coat was semigloss or gloss[reds and blues]).