Class Of 2008

raisin27

Excellent work. I mostly do aircraft but this weekend I pulled a kit off the stack which is the MPM? Ohio George Montgomery "Multi Maverick drag racer. I was all over the internet looking for references and I`m not sure this car ever existed. Even George Montgomerys website does not mention it. Its looks like you have an interest in these type of cars. Any ideas?

Excellent work. I mostly do aircraft but this weekend I pulled a kit off the stack which is the MPM? Ohio George Montgomery "Multi Maverick drag racer. I was all over the internet looking for references and I`m not sure this car ever existed. Even George Montgomerys website does not mention it. Its looks like you have an interest in these type of cars. Any ideas?

Hot Rod Magazine had an article about the car, January 1971 issue. I have the magazine and will scan it for you when I find it. It will probably be after the 1st til I can look for it. I do not believe it was ever raced. as I have not seen any race photos of it. Later in the year he raced the previous years Mustang, but had gone to turbos instead of the blower. If I remember correctly.

Let me know if you want a scan of the article.

terry

The car did exist. From what I remember it was origionally designed to be used in two different classes (as a gasser and an altered I believe). The story is that MPC actually had some input into the design of the car and it was meant from the start to be issued as a model. Ohio George never really cared for the car and it was rarely if ever raced.

Raisin

Thanks for the information. I would very much like to see a scan of the article. The pictures on the box are colored more to show the features of the model than the actual colors. The instructions say the body was a blended green to blue. any photo of the real car would be more than I have now.

Raisin:

Those are some fantastic kits. Personally, I like the 55 and 56 Chevies in the photos. The custom style is right up my alley. One question though, What color is that on the rear end of the 56?? Is it a brown or a burgundy color? :smiley24:

Dave Wahl

Kitbashers Model Car Club

Wellsville, N.Y.

Thanks Dave, The color is a metalic browm from a duplicolor spray. I tried finding the can to get you the color name, but I must have thrown it out. If I remember correctly it was a Chyrsler color.

Thanks again,

Raisin

Raisin:

Those are some fantastic kits. Personally, I like the 55 and 56 Chevies in the photos. The custom style is right up my alley. One question though, What color is that on the rear end of the 56?? Is it a brown or a burgundy color? :smiley24:

Dave Wahl

Kitbashers Model Car Club

Wellsville, N.Y.

DUDE !

That is quite a few builds you have there. All are very well done. I also like the '56 the most. And I must also say that I really like this year-in-review idea for a topic. It puts things into perspective. As for myself... 2 completions all year. Yet, I still call myself a builder. Kind of sad really. :smiley19:

Again. Great work :smiley20:

Thanks everyone,

I have been off work for the last year, thats why I was able to do so much. I doubt this year I will do half as many, and besides........its not how many you build, just so long as you build!

Raisin

DUDE !

That is quite a few builds you have there. All are very well done. I also like the '56 the most. And I must also say that I really like this year-in-review idea for a topic. It puts things into perspective. As for myself... 2 completions all year. Yet, I still call myself a builder. Kind of sad really. :smiley19:

Again. Great work :smiley20: