1/48 scale (or there abouts)

100_4054.jpg

100_4059.jpg

100_4065.jpg

100_4061.jpg

100_4062.jpg

Being an old Aurora kit, it had no interior, so I did build one for it

100_3989.jpg

Not really happy with the rigging, but will live with it. I burned through some several times, and some wires have been tightened up 2-3 times only to sag again. :smiley7: At this point, enough is enough! I'll live with the warts!

Overall, I had fun. I enjoy beating older kits nito more decent shape, and it kills off a kit in the stash too. Questions, comments, and critiques welcome, as always! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Gil,

Nice job on an old kit (older than me). What did you use for the rigging? I have a Hasegawa 1/32 P-26 I want to do someday with the wing rigging.

Ken

I used sretched sprue for the rigging. I think part of my problems were due to the sprue I chose. The first one was a "soft" sprue. It stretched well, but I had trouble heating and tightening it. It seemed to burn through too easily. So I found a sprue that was "harder and glossier" for the rest of the wires. This type seemed to be hardier when it came to tightening, but it was also tougher to get to tighten!

In 1/32 I occasionally use the very finest floral wire. It can be cut to length, handled carefully without kinking, and is dirt cheap. You can even cut it to length so that no holes are needed in "corners"! Here's my 1/32 F4B-4 I did with it:

100_3945.jpg

The stuff is too thick for smaller scales, but works well for 1/32. Thanks for the kind words!

No, the markings are from Aeromaster decals. In fact, one of the reasons I chose to build this one was because I did have decals for it, as opposed to so many of my other projects!

Edited by ghodges