The Duke's First Armor of 2012...

Mark Deliduka

This also makes my 588th armor model finished. I actually finished this about two and a half weeks ago, but haven't found time till now to post it.

This model is the Israeli M-50 Super Sherman. It is a kitbash using the Dragon M-4 Sherman 105mm with HVSS suspension as the base kit and Corporal Overby's Motor Pool M-50 conversion set. I finally managed to get this finished. I dusted it with a light coat of dust with my airbrush, but it's difficult to see in these pics. Enough talk, here it is:

Israeli_M_50_Super_Sherman_I.JPG

Israeli_M_50_Super_Sherman_II.JPG

Now I have several more kits and nine more T-34's to finish so stay tuned. I also completed an aircraft and a helicopter; feel free to go check them out in the Aircraft Forums.

Meanwhile, comments are welcome; thanks for stopping in.

Man, I really like how you do your edge highlights. Do you start with a solid edge highlight, then later break it up in random places with basecoat color?

My edge highlights end up always looking garish, or somewhat reflective in spots, like this:

IMG_1784.jpg

Especially because from your awesome pics, I think we are using the same highlight color (panzer buff interior?), although my camo stripes are a shade of mustard darker than your paint.

Edited by dsteingass

Thanks Dave. I go my highlights by dry brushing with the Testor's Model Master Light Ivory. I dip only the tips of the bristles in the paint and then keep brushing a cardboard or paper towel surface until it appears nothing more is coming off the brush. Then I dry-brush the tank. It takes awhile, but then I stop when I see a a slight appearance of ivory. Your highlights don't look that bad, I think you have a good technique there.

Thanks again for the compliment.