Question For All Of The Armor Experts!

TimHortman

Hello All,

Below are two photos of my Great Uncle during WWII. He worked with the Signal Corp in Europe.

I'm trying to find out a little more info on the trucks shown - what are they? (make/model). They are telephone line trucks used by his unit.

I am fairly certain I will end up going a fair amount of scratch building, but is there a kit of the basic chassis??

Does anyone know of a conversion?

Thanks for your time!

Tim

linetruckxx.jpg

lineTruck2xx.jpg

I'm not an expert, but it looks like a Chevrolet to me maybe a '43 or '44, perhaps - I know that there there were different classes depending upon the function of the truck, so I would have no idea what the clasification would have been for a line truck

Tim,

TM 9-2800 says ...

Truck, Telephone Construction and Maintenance, 1-1/2 ton, 4x4, K-43

Made by Chevrolet

TM 10-1203 (try Portrayal Press)

PM me your email address & I'll send you a scan of the info, it includes some basic dimension data ...

John

Thanks Mike,

I figured it was a lighter duty truck, but wasn't sure exactly where to start looking.

I have a few kits here that have the nose that looks "close" but I don't want to start in the wrong direction!

Take care,

Tim

Thanks John!

Just sent you a note.

What is this publication you mention?

Thanks again for your time!

Tim

Outstanding Jim!

Thanks for the help!

I did get John's note today and I am looking for more info on the

Chevy 1 1/2 Ton 4x4 truck K43

Anyone know if there is a kit out there which is close that I can use to start the conversion?

I'm in the process now of doing my Google and other internet searches...

Thanks again for your reply!!

Tim

Tim,

You may also want to check out the warwheels web site. Patrick Keenan is a great guy and has lots of reference data. There is also prime portal. The first picture looks like a 2 1/2 ton frame would be a good starting point. Italeri still has the molds for a cargo and water version which might help you out a lot.

http://www.warwheels.net/

http://www.primeportal.net/home.htm

Mark

Thank you Mark!

I'm starting to get bogged down with all of the stuff I am trying to find!

Thanks for the links & tips on more info!

Cheers!

Tim

Tim,

That is ALWAYS the problem with reference material. I have loads of middle east stuff but the authors on many occasions have made accurate identification of a particular vehicle very confusing to say the least.

Mark