Just a heads up that the Chattanooga Scale Modelers will be hosting our second annual show this Saturday the 21st.  Last year we had a show that exceeded everyone's expectations.  More than 80 entrants, 497 models on the tables and 60 vendor tables.  This year the buzz is building, the pre registrations are rolling in, and we've got 77 vendor tables sold (sold out there!).  So it looks like it's shaping up to be another great show.

The location is the East Brainerd Church of Christ, 7745 East Brainerd Rd.  

Directions, schedule, registration forms ($3 discount for pre registration extended to Thursday the 19th), and format are all available on our website:

http://www.chattanoo...lemodelers.com/

Or, you can email me at: maxwinthrop@yahoo.com

Mike Moore

Many thanks Mark.  And just to put your mind to rest, I will make sure that either Dave or I get photo coverage off to you for the website!

Mike

Mike,

While I appreciate that, The gallery is a advertisement/bragging/photgraphic Journal for YOU, the members of the club! I get paid the big bucks whether you send me photos or not!!!! HaHa

Hey Gil (and any others who are curious),

Overall it went very well. With a couple of well founded exceptions, and more than likely a few unfounded exceptions, everyone in attendance seemed to have a great day. We made some changes to how we did things in registration and in judging that made things move along much more smoothly. Numbers were down from last year, but I'd chalk that up to two things:

1. The number of entrants was down by about 1/3 at about 60 vs almost 90 last year. Much of that decline I'd attribute to the weather. While we didn't have even a remote possibility of snow, we did have some atrocious weather in the form of some nasty storm cells that rolled through the area in the morning. I'm not sure a good solid rain would have kept many folks home, given what was rolling through, I think it did hurt us some.
  2. The model count was down by about 1/2 at about 250 vs 497 last year. Obviously some of that is due to the lower number of entrants, and some of it is due to the fact that a lot of folks pretty much emptied their display cases last year, and couldn't do so this year as we limited the entries to models we hadn't seen in Chattanooga before.

On the up side, the vending area was bigger and very active this year. We had Dean's Hobby Stop, Larry's Legions, CRM, Free Time, and Horner's Hobbies all make the trip this year, and all said they'd come back next year. In addition, several of the folks I talked to were blown away by the vending opportunities. If the above guys do come back, and we get a couple of guys that made it last year but had to skip this year, there is a good chance we could be approaching 100 tables next year.

The one area I think we fell down on was the car judging. We had a couple of good car modelers who did their best to get the job done, but we also had a couple of folks just wander off, never to return (and having looked at one of those individuals sheets, his disappearance can only be considered a good thing). The end result of not being able to round up enough folks to judge cars is that I do believe the car modelers got the short end of the stick as far as judging goes. Somehow we need to figure out how to avoid that next year, and I can only hope that the car modelers will give us a chance to sort it out and give us another try next year.

Mike

Edited by MikeMoore

Sorry that I didn't make it this year...just got slammed with a bunch of stuff to get done for an upcoming conference, and spent the whole freakin' weekend doing that. I did send an entry for our Airfix Club Challenge. Hopefully, I'll get there in person next year.

Mike,

I wasn't able to attend, but I know that 4 members of our club (MMCL) attended and brought a bunch of models down. They had very positive things to say about the show.

Thanks David. It would have been nice to see you down here, but I'm hoping to make it up to your show in May. Perhaps then!

Mike

Sorry that I didn't make it this year...just got slammed with a bunch of stuff to get done for an upcoming conference, and spent the whole freakin' weekend doing that. I did send an entry for our Airfix Club Challenge. Hopefully, I'll get there in person next year.

That's ok Keith, we all had fun calling you names in your absence. Perhaps I'll get to trip you in Atlanta at the Figure/AMPS show?

Mike