Heller VAB 4x4

RGronovius

My latest WIP of a poor Heller VAB 4x4 as used during Desert Storm. The PE and resin are from ExtraTech. Lots of exterior detail was cut or sanded off. White stripe just aft of the front door is a piece of styrene added to the inside of the hull to add depth to where the molded on tool rack was sanded off.

I've decided to build this kit buttoned up as much as possible because there isn't an interior.

6680280687_33c4fcdd0c_b.jpg

Shoot......1/72 PE....not even gonna say it........yes I will......you are looney tunes!!!!! However, you make it look GOOD!!!!

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Modern 1/72 scale armor was hard to find, so I had to buy what was available. The kit was very crude, toy-like even. Definitely not up to RoG or Dragon standards. Heck, not even up to 1980s Esci 1/72 scale armor standards (which holds up well today).

This is really looking good. I must say doing PE in 1/72 scale is not for me. You are a better man then I. I remember winning a ton of PE in 1/72 at contest a few years ago. Gave it all to a club member. He tried to pay me for it, but as I said to him. "Buddy your are the one doing me the favor, I should be paying you"

Question for you. What country is this going to repersent?