IDF Fitter

Mark Aldrich

Can't believe how stupid I am! Fired the paint last night and as I was looking over missed spots I noticed I forgot to attach the driver periscope guards! DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Mark Great job on your build. Coming along nicely. Here is a Photo of the same vehicle that a guy entered at this years AMPSEAST. He did a complete interiour as well. I really liked this model and was thinking of building something in the IDF range at some point.

Chris

AMPSEAST2011114.jpg

Gil,

The kit comes with a nice set of markings for two different vehicles. I am going to use those plus the Verlinden IDF license plates. The decals have a vehicle with a red back ground. I have found no pictures yet. I am thinking they were the canvas sheet that they use on many tanks.

Chris,

Great picture. I had no desire to open this up. However, the inisdes will be used when I open up my Zelda.

HAHA...you wingy thingy guys crack me up!!!!!

:Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Had a setback. I had planned to use the kit track. After prepping, washing and starting the dry brush almost EVERY bit started flaking off! OK, gonna use the Fruil track I had for just such a obstacle.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Work. Nothing to add but a little stowage and the Commnders cupola. I made 1/2 the Fruil track and realized they were not directional. For those that don't deal with Fruil track that means that one side would have the holes visible on the outside of the vehicle instead of on the inside. I opted for option three. AFV CLub makes a beautiful vinyl track that looks 5 times better than the Academy/Tamiya version and actually took and held the paint! Very impressed. Definately going to buy more of those babies.

100_4267.jpg

Edited by Mark Aldrich